A quick update of things past, things present, and things to come:
- I wrote a novel! It was a side project — try to complete NaNoWriMo successfully — to get back into the swing of creating, and to tackle some of the challenges I’ve been facing lately. As it turns out, I didn’t succeed at NaNoWriMo. I did, however, find out that I really enjoy writing! In fact, I am currently looking for beta readers to provide feedback. (If you’re interested, please drop me a note in the comments, or contact me. Once I’ve revised and polished it to my heart’s content I’ll be posting it here over the course of about a year and a half. Stay tuned…
- Three Friendship Company has launched a new website, thanks to the awesome work of the students of Millersville University! I’m pretty proud of it, so please feel free to check it out! Thanks, Levi, Alicia, Heather, and Alex!
- In addition to the novel (which shall, for the time being, remain unnamed — because I haven’t quite finalized the title yet), I’ve been considering writing a new blog series: Challenges. I started the first post in that series a while back, and I think this excerpt sums up the principle behind the series perfectly:
“This is not a series about answers, or about overcoming. Instead, it’s just a chronicle of my thoughts and reflections on what I have experienced and am experiencing. Sometimes life needs to be about the journey, including the obstacles, instead of the destination.”
I hope to have that first post done between now and March 1st, but I make no promises.
- Did I mention that I hate taxes? It’s not even paying the taxes that I mind so much; it’s all of the paperwork and minutiae associated with it. It takes up too much time! Ugh!
- I also now hate snow with a passion I have not felt since…. Yeah. I even empathize with this guy.